NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDELINES
• All nominees must be ABA members.
• Include the fully completed nomination form, nominee’s resume and/or curriculum vitae, as well as a photo and narrative biography.
• Please submit no more than three letters of support from individuals or organizations that speak to the questions listed below.
• Please be aware that nomination materials will not be returned due to the number of nominations received each year.
1. Describe how the nominee has achieved professional excellence in his or her field.
2. Describe how the nominee has served as a role model in overcoming hardships or barriers and achieving success and excellence in the legal profession.
3. Describe how the nominee has influenced racially and ethnically diverse individuals to pursue and/or to succeed in legal careers.
4. Describe how the nominee has opened doors, broken down barriers or otherwise promoted the full and equal participation of racially and ethnically diverse individuals in the legal profession and the impact of those efforts.
5. Describe the nominee’s work with or efforts on behalf of racially and ethnically diverse lawyers from racial or ethnic groups other than the nominee’s own.
6. Describe the nominee’s service or work in the community.
7. Describe the nominee’s position within their organization (firm, corporation, government agency, academic institution, etc.), if applicable, including areas of responsibility and oversight.
8. Describe the nominee’s impact, if applicable, in bringing his or her organization to the forefront as a national standard-bearer for diversity and inclusion.